S3 provides developers, administrator and IT teams with secure durable, highly scalable object storage.
- Amazon S3 is simple to use for all web services interface to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere, anytime on the web.
- S3 is that place where we can store your files.
- It is a object based storage.
- The data is spread across multiple devices and facilities with all the flexiblity.
Block based storage: Install OS / Install any Application’s
Object based storage: Store files / videos / images / document
- S3 is object based i.e allows you to upload files
- Files can be 0 bytes to 5TB
- There is unlimited storage
- S3 is a universal namespace, that is names must be unique globally.
- when you upload a file to S3 you will receive a HTTP 200 code if the upload was successful.